Friends of the Rainforest – Development Coordinator
The Development Coordinator is responsible for internal management of all of FOTR’s funding activities. Among these activities is coordinating grant proposals and reports; writing, designing, and coordinating our semi-annual newsletter; supervising our mailings; management and maintenance of our donor database; and tracking and compiling data related to funding streams.
The Development Coordinator also works on our primary fundraiser(s) such as the Annual Trivia Night. This involves creative planning as well as highly detailed and organized project management and execution. The Development Coordinator works with a team of volunteers and staff to complete the various tasks related to these fundraising campaigns.
In addition, the Development Coordinator works with our education & outreach program. This program involves correspondence, marketing materials, relationship building as well as the development of educational materials and programs.
Newsletter: Manage timelines, conduct interviews, write articles, design layout, and oversee editing of our quarterly printed newsletter.
Individual Donors: Maintain our database of supporters and oversee all correspondence with these supporters. Correspond with specific donors. Create individual donor reports, including a yearly comprehensive analysis of donor trends. Improve systems for tracking donations and donor information.
Finance: Work with Executive Director to generate financial reports. Work to develop a system by which accounting software and donor database software can integrate.
Communications: Maintain update, and improve FOTR’s website, brochure, Annual Report, and other marketing materials with timely information and improvements in design and language. Oversee FOTR’s social media presence on Facebook. Send e-newsletters to our email list.
Events: Work on the design, editing and production of all event collateral material and event program book. Research and create communication materials such as proposals, letters, solicitations and marketing materials for Special Events.
Development Strategy: Help develop short- and long-term fundraising strategy for organization with Executive Director
General Development Administration including but not limited to:
Donation Letters & Letter Reports
Donor Thank You Processes & Responses
Develop and implement membership strategy
Establish and oversee pulling mailing lists and event mailings.
Draft letters and/or other necessary correspondence and communications.
Manage donor management software
Manage donation processing software
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, marketing, development, communication or related degree. (or currently working towards)
- Experience planning and executing fundraising events
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills with high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, WordPress, and Powerpoint. Experience working with Etapestry strongly preferred.
- Ability to supervisor and train development staff/volunteers effectively
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Driver’s license required
- Must be located in St. Louis area